Protecting the environment
Climate change is happening now, and it's our responsibility as individuals and as a business to tackle these problems. We have pledged to reduce our environmental footprint by tackling air pollution, single-use plastics and wasteful packaging whilst supporting greater recycling and a host of sustainable travel initiatives. Find out how you can get involved below...
Red goes GREEN is the name given to our new long-term Environmental Strategy. It seeks to showcase the environmental successes of recent years and highlight a wide range of new green initiatives, including measures to change consumer behaviour in line with the company's commitment to operate in an environmentally sustainable and sympathetic manner.
Our policy is to protect the environment and promote good working practices which minimise the effects of pollution. The company has integrated its Environmental Policy into its Safety Management and Quality System forming the Integrated Management System (IMS) and will undertake environmental audits or reviews to assess environmental performance within the IMS.
The Company objectives are to:
- Comply with the requirements of the company Integrated Management System;
- Avoid damage to the environment, in particular, the marine environment;
- Establish safeguards against all identifiable environmental risks;
- Continuously improve environmental management skills of personnel;
- Have a commitment to continual improvement;
- Have a commitment to prevention of pollution;
- Have a commitment to comply with relevant environmental legislation and any other selected requirements.
These objectives will be achieved by:
- Identification of environmentally significant impacts of the organisations operations and the imposition of management system controls for these;
- Implementing and complying with requirements of ISO 14001:2015;
- Motivating respect, responsibility and concern by employees for the environment.
All employees are reminded that they are expected to comply with Safety and Pollution Prevention Regulations and Procedures at all times, and to take necessary precautions to protect the environment.
The EMS is applicable to all vessels, all terminals, and the headquarters building.