Monkey Haven is the Island’s Number 1 attraction where you can meet rescued gibbons, monkeys, birds of prey, meerkats, reptiles and other exotic creatures. There’s lots of fun for everyone at the award-winning sanctuary, making it an enjoyable experience for all.
Save 15% off car ferry travel with admission tickets when booking together as a package deal.
How to book:
- Step 1: Add your attraction tickets to the basket below (minimum of 1 x family/group or 2 x adult/senior tickets).
- Step 2: Click here to book the ferry (the ferry discount will be shown on the checkout page).
Swing on by to Monkey Haven – the happiest attraction in town! This popular Isle of Wight animal sanctuary is in TripAdvisor's Hall of Fame plus the Best Small Attraction in England, according to the tourism chiefs at VisitEngland.
You’ll meet awesome animals, including the singing Lar Gibbons, cheeky meerkats, and the cutest owlets. They have such fun… and you will too.
You'll love the keeper talks and animal feeds throughout the day where you can learn all about the fascinating creatures, their personalities, and how they came to be at the Haven. Animals’ birthdays are celebrated with cake and a singsong (check monkeyhaven.org or Facebook).
You can get up close to hand-reared birds of prey at the daily talks - pop along to 'Have a hoot with the owls'. Wisp and Casper, the bay Barn Owls are a big hit and they are super cute! Reptile Rendezvous will give you an opportunity to get close to a snake, they're much softer and playful than you might expect.
The Haven's mission is to provide a happy forever home for rescued animals. Recent rescues include Djimmy, Buna – and their squeaky toy pig, which is causing quite a sensation! Djimmy was found wandering along a busy road, and then left in isolation for many years, and the pig is part of his rehabilitation. Unfortunately Buna is the jealous type and is determined to destroy it… so they get through quite a few!
Download the free App to plan your visit, follow a banana trail, see behind the scenes, and take silly selfies. Plus there are kids’ play areas, Xhabu's tea room fully of tasty treats, a great little shop and peekaboo boards for posers of all ages!
Monkey Haven is a charity and all proceeds from your visit will help the animals you’ll meet. There’s also full disabled access, easy parking, free Wifi - and tickets are valid for a return trip within 7 days. Have a happy day!
- open daily from 10 February to 31 December
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 1 hour before closing time
- Free large car park
- wide flat pathways around the park
- disabled parking bays next to the entrance
- easy access to all areas
- disabled toilet facilities
- lots of benches to relax on and watch the animals
- Cheeky Monkey play area for the smallest visitors (under 5)
- Funky Monkey play area for older children (5+)
- baby changing facilities available
- Free booklet of Monkey Puzzles for the kids
Xhabu's Tea Room
- serving light snacks, pastries, cakes ice cream and drinks
- indoor and outdoor seating areas
Ice cream shack
- enjoy a nice ice
- packed with fun souvenirs and presents
- unfortunately dogs, including service dogs, are not permitted into the Haven as they can distress their animals
- plan your visit, collect virtual bananas and use the fun filters
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic!
Monkey Haven Address: 5 Acres Farm, Staplers Road, Newport, Isle of Wight, PO30 2NB
Cute Alert - Meet Casper and Wisp
Come and check out the delightful Owlets that are flourishing under the tender care of the keepers at the Haven,who are hand rearing them. Casper and Wisp are Barn Owls and were born, at the Haven, at the end of June, looking a little like a tiny Pterodactyl.
Changing and growing all the time - come meet them during the Hoot with the Owls talks where they love the attention!