Calling all veterans, vintage lovers and war history buffs! You must visit the Wight Military and Heritage Museum as it’s full of stuff you’re going to love. At certain times you can also take a ride around the outdoor track in one of our vehicles ! Extra charge applies.
Save 15% off car ferry travel with admission tickets when booking together as a package deal.
How to book:
- Step 1: Add your attraction tickets to the basket below (minimum of 1 x family/group or 2 x adult/senior tickets).
- Step 2: Click here to book the ferry (the ferry discount will be shown on the checkout page).
There is a huge collection of uniforms, rifles and model tanks from across the globe, with an area dedicated to female conscription during WW2. There is also a varied selection of machine guns and small arms from around the world.
A street scene is set in WWII. Get your rations here! There’s a draper’s, a general stores, a garage and even the home guard office to mention just a few.
There are two main exhibition areas housing a variety of different vehicles covering six decades of military and civilian transport, from a giant Centurion tank to a WW2 police car.
Many of the vehicles are in running order and at certain times rides are available in some of them. The latest addition to the collection available for rides is an Abbot mobile gun carrier.
There is so much here and the museum is being updated and improved all the time. Make sure you don’t miss it!
- open Monday to Saturday until 31 October
- generally opens at 10:00 - please check the calendar on the left for specific days and times
- 30 minutes before closing time
- car parking available
- wheelchair access is available, most exibits are on the ground floor
- children aged 4 and under are free of charge
The Churchill Cafe
- serving light snacks and hot and cold beverages
Activities (when available)
- Shooting range - test your skills (additional charge applies)
- Armoured Car rides (additional charge applies)
please call the Museum to check
We hope you enjoy your visit and don't forget to tweet a pic
( @RedFunnel )
Wight Military & Heritage Museum Address: Northwood Camp, 490 Newport Road, Cowes, Isle of Wight, PO31 8QU